Friday, March 18, 2011

Doodles

Random Colors and Shapes

While these Spring days have been so drab and cold, I have been staying in my house and coloring.... staying inside the lines the best I can!

I love drawing with ball point pens, especially the wonderful colored, metallic and glitter pens. These start with a wandering line. Then I fill in the resulting shapes with colors. It all begins randomly at the beginning. The pattern , the poetry of the drawing develops as the colors go on.

Years ago during the dark days following Christmas, I did a large sketch book of doodles ( I titled it "Wandering Lines"). These are related to them and also to the doodles I love creating on the "Paint" program on my computer.

This slide show is of several Artist Trading Cards, 2.5" x 3.5", a cover for a new handmade Sketch Book, two drawings I did in the new little sketchbook, and a 6" x 6" drawing.

I love being lost in the concentration on color relationships. While I am drawing with colors I am unaware of the bleakness of this long winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment